Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Man... I feel like a woman ~ Shania Twain

Hmmm... ever since I wrote my "Coffee Shop Memoirs of Pittsburgh, PA" I want to start again by saying - WHERE TO Begin...

I just finished my four year college career at Point Park University in Pittsburgh. It was something else; it's unreal to be done. I'm still in quite a shock. Graduation seemed very minor, and yet I put myself in jeopardy of being completely done, here and now. What I'm trying to say is I had one course, a degree requirement I was on borderline to failure. Some seniors were using the phrase "D for Diploma!" well that isn't how I approached the course by any means but I finally knew I had this Bachelor's of Arts Degree today, Wednesday May 6th - just four days after the Graduation ceremony.

I'm thoroughly happy and grateful things worked out. I have a Bachelor's Degree, what?? I never thought once in High School that I was college material honestly. Still, I have my faults... I'm still working on Time management, among other things. Nobody is perfect and yet we strive to be the best we can be - which takes alot out of us.

Today I read a 2 sections of my "Coffee Shop Memoirs" to my sister, whom introduced me to the writings of Mr. David Sedaris... whom I've met in person! She thinks that my writings were in a very similar style to his... I'm on a roll. She mentioned "Coffee Shop Memoirs" would be a great title of a book. It was just a little piece of my Senior Year... I had other writings from the year but really, there more so dark and gruesome... If you look at earlier postings they are on here.

My life isn't pretty. I just try to make the best out of it.

Since I've been home, my room is no where presentable. I'm not fully unpacked and if I were... I have the last 3 years still in boxes to go through. I pointed out to my father that I need a bigger bedroom! ... he agreed.

I left Pittsburgh saying my goodbyes to people near and dear to me but there are others whom I wish I had more time to spend with. I'm tempted to write a cheesy facebook note and tag my friends. I think it's cheesy for the fact that I left abruptly, in my opinion and that's my excuse... I couldn't say goodbye so I will write a letter from NY. Maybe it's the thought factor that will count. I don't know - No se :)

The state of Maine, legalized Gay marriage today... I'm not sure what I think. Granted I don't know... I have been against gay marriage - but it is I, who will not get married to another male, so maybe that is why I have been strongly against gay marriage because it's nothing I'd partake in. As Tori Spelling would say "I love my gays".

So this home living situation isn't easy by no means. It seems like luxury which it is, but not. We are one family under the same roof yet again. We are clashing like crazy and I'm not sure what to think... but I hope we can, or we will manage as the family we've always been.

I need to call this quits for now...

Ta Ta!!

No comments: